Post X: Some reflections

Dear all, today's post will be a moment's reflection of your first academic term. The idea is you share some thoughts on anything you have (not) done/achieved so far. So, you can write about:
  • good things that have happened
  • situations that haven't worked so well
  • your achievements
  • other things you deem worth mentioning here.
This time, the length of your posts should be in no less than 200 words. Remember to leave comments on everybody's posts if possible.



Have you had a good year so far?

Let me be quite frank with you (again). This year has been a roller coaster of emotions. That is to say, good and bad things have happened to me. 
In January, I wasn't so sure that this year was going to go well, as I was jobless and desperate for finishing my MA. I was then craving for just one single win in my life -I felt like I was on a permanent losing streak, so nothing could be any worse than that at that time. Yeahhh! That hard! A whole case for pessimism. But, suddenly, things started to change. I was called to attend a job interview here; and I was finally accepted to take the post. And besides, I was also able to submit my thesis report at university in due time. That was sort of magic! Well... not exactly magic, as I'm not any kind of witchcraft master; not that I know of. To be accurate, that was a lot of resilience instead. I just did the hard miles and started to collect the benefits of my own work. And I haven't stopped now. Do you know what I mean? How it feels when you'are so focused on your goals?


All in all, it's been a pleasure working with you. Being a teacher, I think, is about doing the messy stuff. It´s about the process. The teaching/learning experience process. You might sometimes feel that you haven't learnt enough because you want to it all; accomplish everything at once. I said it the last time I was with you: I always tend to hold high expectations about my students' performance. I wish you had learnt something you deem worthy. I remember our first day of class. I just wanted you to be much better than me!
2018 so far has marked, on the one hand, an end to a lengthy tough period, which started back in 2014 when I decided to make a big change in my life; and, on the other, a major step forward in my career. I hope this life-long process allows me to do better so that I could help others to do better as well. I am about to cry! Call me bloody cynical!

Comentarios

  1. Professor, you left your soul in this post. You have had a hectic half of the year, I hope you can finish it with all your projects completed and very satisfied with your results. You are a great teacher and a very methodical person, for sure everything will go up. Success.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I think that you will achieve all your goals successfully, you are a great teacher!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I hope your year improves! I can only thank you for your delivery this semester, it´s a great teacher!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I learned a lot with you this semester<3 Not all teachers have the patience you have with us.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Teaher, this also has been a roller coaster of emotions year for me! You deserve all the best, you have done an amazing work teaching us.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. hello teacher, a very nice post. I believe that you will always succeed.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Thank you teacher for all your dedication. I enjoy the course so much. I really appreciate the space for practice and chating. I hope you never lose the enthusiasm for teaching ♥

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Teacher, don't worry for the bad moments, all sacrifice have a recompense

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario