Post V: a photograph and its story

Hello, everyone! Post V is about a meaningful photograph and its story. Basically, the idea is you choose a picture you think you can tell the story behind it. You know the rules for posting. This time the length of your posts should be in no less than 150 words. Remember to leave comments and insert the picture you will be actually talking about.

 Try to:
  • say what we can see in the picture
  • when the picture was taken
  • what happened at the moment someone took the picture or
  • what you were doing at that moment/ how you felt
  • say why the picture is important to you 
  • You might find useful: http://learnenglishteens.britishcouncil.org/exams/speaking-exams/describe-photo-or-picture

On a previous post, I said that, when I was much younger, I was really into literature, especially writing poetry. Well, I think this is the best chance I have to tell you about it.
After finishing school in 2001, I already liked writing poems, but I never dared go a step further. So, I just used to write some verses on notepads that no one would ever read or know about, except the girlfriend I had at that time. Well, the thing is that this girlfriend and I used to attend poetry workshops offered at the local goverments in La Floridad and Puente Alto. So, by attending those workshop classes regularly, I  then realized that my poems were actually very good. Most of the participants and teachers at these poetry workshops used to praise my creations. So, I was then encouraged to enter poetry contests. I decided to participate in one called 'Poesía Joven' at Universidad de Valparaíso in 2003. I did not win that contest, but one of the poems I sent was selected for the poetry catalogue. I was really happy. I could not believe it. My silly poems were actually publicly valued. So, the following year, as you can imagine, I participated again. 'Do menor' was my award-winning poem. The other one I sent was also included in the catalogue.
In the picture, although you can't see the actual poem on the wall, you can see me holding a glass of wine, which is my best try for a poet pose.


Comentarios

  1. You looked like an intellectual: eyeglasses , a scarf and a glass of wine.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Teacher, you should read to us your poem!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. ohh I'm very surprised with your makeover
    You should show us some of your poems!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Professor reminds me a lot of my father when he was a young man!

    He also wrote poetry that at some point only my mother knew, and also likes literature, which must have a lot of influences.

    In addition you participated in a poetry contest in my port, that's great.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Professor, I've always wanted to get closer to the world of poetry, but to a very difficult result for me.

    ResponderEliminar

  7. Professor, could you upload a poem to your blog one day?

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Professor I love poetry!! the next semester I was thinking about taking a course at the university of poetry by Dr. Apip.

    ResponderEliminar
  9. ohh professor, is a wonderful experience. The last years I took a poetry course at the university.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario